Having a company logo is not only important, but necessary. The logo is the soul of the company, it is the business card of every activity; moreover, most of the customers tend to trust companies that show off a recognizable and cared image. The company logo is an element that should be treated with the utmost attention, as it can define an identity and help people to fix it in their minds. On balance, the logo plays a more important role than any marketing strategy, advertising campaign, name or website.
In short, it is the fundamental element from which to start in order to achieve effective communication. But who can you trust to obtain an aesthetically impeccable and successful logo? Thanks to the tool provided by the e-commerce platform Shopify, you can create an online logo in just a few steps. But now let's focus on the features that every logo should have.
Creating a successful logoLet's takeas an example some of the images used over time by successful brands like Nike, Adidas, Puma, Coca Cola, etc. What do they have in common? First of all, when you think of these companies, the first thing that comes to mind are their logos, as simple as they are recognizable.
Each of them, moreover, uniquely defines the corporate identity, being unique, original, readable and easily reproduced. In short, it is evident how having a well-made logo that is coherent with one's philosophy is the first step towards achieving one's objectives. But what are the characteristics that every professional brand/logo should show off? The characteristics of
a successful logoAlogo should respect some fixed canons, characteristics that allow it to be functional, usable and recognizable.
- First of all, it must be functional to its market objectives : in other words, it must serve the prefixed purpose. In this regard, it is important to keep in mind that in communication and marketing, beauty does not necessarily mean functionality
- It must be representative , i.e.
it must be able to adapt to its target market and embody the soul of the company
- A successful logo is not obvious, but unique and original
- It must be usable : a successful logo should be applicable to any support (it must be clearly visible both if applied on a large billboard and on a business card), be easily readable even if reduced in size and work in black and white, as well as in color
- A logo must be clear : it is better not to insert too many details, which would only risk to confuse the ideas
- A logo should have a payoff : it could be useful to combine the name of the company and the image with a payoff, that is a short phrase that effectively sums up the identity of the company. Just think of McDonald's claim "I'm lovin' it" or Nike's "Just do it". The important thing is not to be too long (the three-word rule that has been so successful in the United States of America is still valid).