In order to restart your business, it will be necessary to promote it in a global way, using the means made available by the network, such as blogs and communities. Among the many online options there is also Pinterest, a social network focused on the publication of images where users can create, with their "Pins", real virtual boards. Images on Pinterest can be introduced by a description or accompanied by informative links. This makes this social network suitable for the creation of practical and effective ads. But what types of ads can be found on Pinterest? And how are they best used?
What is Pinterest Ads?Rich in categories, Pinterest presents itself as an advertising platform adaptable to numerous sectors. In fact, there are many users who use this particular social not only to search for new products, but also to find the right inspiration. Advertising with Pinterest Ads is integrated in a discreet and unobtrusive way.
Advertisers will be able to advertise their products and services with Pinterest, associating them with appealing content, suggestions and useful tips.
Pinterest's 5 advertising formatsPinterest advertisers will have the following 5 ad formats available to them:
- Promoted P ins: With the Promoted Pin your publication will appear not only on your own pinboard, but also on the pinboards of other Pinterest users. To better address the Promoted Pin you can take advantage of the user limitation, so as to channel content to specific interest groups, such as beauty, fashion, sports, etc.
- Promoted video Pins : these are videos with advertising purposes through which you can improve your visibility. In fact, a well-made and attention-grabbing video will be spread by the community itself through sharing. Their reproduction starts automatically when the video enters the visible area of the screen. Their audio, instead, can be activated only by the user. For this reason it will be necessary to publish easily understandable videos, even without audio.
- One-tapPins : at first glance the One-tap Pin format is very similar to the Promoted Pin. The difference will be noticed only when the user, by clicking on it, will be forwarded directly to the advertiser's website/e-commerce.
- Promoted App Pins : this format is made for those who wish to advertise an app (both iOS and Android).
Users will be able to download and install the app through a button embedded in the pin. The app will be able to be used by the user immediately.
- Cinematic P ins: is an ad/video with no autoplay function. Cinematic Pins contain a clip that can be played by users only when they scroll through the video in their feed. It is mainly used for branding brands, people and services.
Advertising campaigns on Pinterest: which ones to activate?The choice of the advertising campaign on Pinterest is obviously influenced by the so-called business objectives. For this reason, before choosing the type of campaign you want to implement, you will have to identify its purpose, (increase your brand awareness, attract traffic to your e-commerce/website, etc.). Through Pinterest you will be able to choose between the following campaigns:
Trafficcampaign : a traffic campaign that allows you to direct users from Pinterest to another website, so as to generate traffic and promote the website you are going to link to.
a type of campaign designed to encourage interaction with the various users. In fact, they will be encouraged to click more frequently and therefore to view a greater number of products.
Campaign: this advertising campaign is useful for those who wish to increase the popularity of a particular brand or product.
What is the cost of Pinterest ads?
Cost per Click Campaign: with Pinterest's Traffic campaign, costs will be incurred by clicks on links that take you to the target website.Cost per ActionEngagement Campaign : through this advertising formula of Pinterest, costs will be incurred for each action performed.
This action must be performed, by a single user, through a sponsored Pin.
Cost per Thousand (CPM): in this option the costs will be incurred at every thousandth opening of the page. The exact amount of these costs is determined by the auctions. In fact, on Pinterest there are no fixed prices, moreover the costs will change considerably according to the chosen advertising campaign.